Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Food Glorious Food (again)


Sunday Morning at Cafe du Monde

It had been such a long time
My heart leapt when I remembered the pure pleasure
There was no dignity in this act
No matter how careful I tried to be 
It always ended in a grand mess
Stains on my clothes
Telling the world what I had done
And yet
I just didn't care
This is what I was put on this Earth to do
 All the sounds around me faded out
The strange accents, the beat of the jazz trio
The clatter of dishes
In that moment
I was home
Me and my Beignet


The French Market in NOLA is the oldest public market in the country. There you will find Cafe du Monde and the dee-licious french doughnuts and cafe au lait. Not WeightWatchers-these babies are deep fried and covered with at least a cup of powdered sugar.

+







No comments:

Post a Comment