Sunday, January 30, 2011

Po Boys

Ode to the Po Boy

 It's the bread
No, it's the oysters

It's the sauce
 No,It's the shrimp

 It's the crawfish
No, it's the BBQ

It's the Abita beer
No, it's the Barq's root beer

I like mine "dressed"

I like mine often





OMG- They are so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There should be a festival dedicated to po boys. Oh yea, there is.
Po boys are everywhere. They are all made with WONDERFUL bread from the same bakery, Leidenheimers.
  

One of our po boy trips was to Domilise's.

Menu at Domelise's s
We sat at the bar and there was so much to look at, including signed pics of the Mannings. I bought a New Orleans Fireman calendar which made me want to play with matches.



If a "hole in the wall" that hasn't changed its decor (or staff) in 50 years
  has good po boys, it will be bursting with foodies and everyone here is a foodie. 

Trust me, Subway just ain't the same. I'm afraid Jared would gain weight.
We will miss those New Orleans Po Boys.

We went to the Creole Creamery on Prytania for dessert. 




1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I'm going to survive in Africa without delicious po boys. So good!

    ReplyDelete